What should I know about ORNAP?
ORNAP is a non-stock, non-political, and non-sectarian organization, with the following objectives:
- To unite perioperative nurses of the Philippines.
- To promote the highest professional standards of perioperative nursing practice for the optimum care of patients.
- To provide opportunity for continuous learning through diversified educational activities.
- To exchange information and disseminate research findings in the field of perioperative nursing.
- To establish linkages with government and non-government professional organizations, healthcare and teaching facilities, research organizations, and the like relative to the goals of the association.
What types of membership could I choose from?
- A registered nurse who currently manages, teaches, or practices perioperative nursing either full time or part time.
- A perioperative nurse enrolled in a formal nursing education or engaged in perioperative research.
- Regularly pays the annual association dues.
Any active perioperative nurse who signifies membership for life and pays the dues in the amount determined by the board and has been a regular member for three consecutive years.
As a Member, What Rights Do I Have?
Base on your type of membership, you have the right to:
- Vote and be voted upon.
- Hold an elective office.
- Participate in all activities of the association.
- Examine the books of the association following the set of procedures.
- The mutual aide fund of Php 1,000.00.
- Subscription of the ORNAP Newsletter.
All of the above, except to hold an elective office.
- Entitled to all of the privileges of the regular member.
- Entitled to the Mutual Fund of Php 5,000.00.
What are my Benefits?
- Opportunities to attend seminars sponsored by ORNAP.
- Opportunities to attend the Annual ORNAP Convention.
- Scholarship, awards, or recognition.
- Mutual Aide.
- Quarterly copy of newsletter.
- Legal assistance.